Class Terms & Conditions
Payment and Class
- Payment of fees must be paid in full prior to the first lesson at the start of every term.
- All payments of fees are non-refundable.
- English Mastery shall not be obliged to refund any part of the course fees in the event that the student fails to attend any class in the Registered Course(s) for any reason whatsoever.
- In the event that the student fails to attend a class in any of our courses, English Mastery may at its sole discretion, allow the student to make-up the missed lesson by attending another ongoing class during the same academic week (i.e. from Wednesday to Tuesday), provided that:
- there is more than 1 class;
- there is a vacancy in the class that the Student intends to attend as the make-up class;
- the Student or Parent submits either of the following original documents:
- medical certificate; or
- letter from the school, which states that the Student has compulsory school activities, the timing of which clashes with the Student’s classes at the Company;
- the Student has not attended any make-up class for the relevant Registered Course within the last two months.
- there is more than 1 class;
- Make up classes are confirmed 1-2 weeks before the actual date of the make up class.
- In the event that it is not possible to arrange a make-up class due to no vacancy in other classes, the course fees for the relevant Registered Course shall not be refunded or pro-rated, even if the student has valid reason(s) for missing the class.
- English Mastery reserves the right to cancel any class at any point of time during the term. In the event of a cancelled class, fees paid for the class will be refunded or credited to the following month/term.
- Lessons are conducted as usual through school holidays. No weekly classes are conducted in the month of December.
- Please refer to the term calendars given to students at the beginning of each term for details on lesson dates.
- At any point throughout your child’s learning experience, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have concerns about your child’s learning progress at English Mastery. Students who wish to withdraw from English Mastery are required to give one month’s notice and fill up a withdrawal form.
- Unless stated otherwise, English Mastery owns the intellectual property and / or licensing rights subsisting in all worksheets and other study materials distributed or used during the Registered Course(s), and both the parent and student are prohibited from copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, displaying, performing or transmitting in any form or by any means whatsoever (including mechanical, electronic, recording, photocopying or otherwise) the abovementioned worksheets and other study materials without English Mastery's prior written permission.
- English Mastery may copy, reproduce, display, distribute and use any photographs or videos taken of the Student during the Registered Course(s), as well as any intellectual property produced by the student as part of the Registered Course(s).
- The student hereby agrees to grant to English Mastery a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such works of the student created in the course of or in preparation for Registered Courses(s) (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
- English Mastery may publish the Student’s academic achievements in any form or media at any time, even after the Student has withdrawn from the Course(s).
- All students will need to use their real names and turn on the webcams during the lesson for security reasons.
- While English Mastery will take reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of the student, English Mastery assumes no liability for personal injury, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever which might be sustained by the student in undertaking any activity or anything during the Registered Course(s), whether under the discretion of English Mastery or otherwise, and generally for any such injury, loss or damage howsoever caused except by the wilful default of English Mastery.
- The parent hereby releases English Mastery from all liability for such injury, loss or damage of any other kind whatsoever which might be sustained by the student in undertaking any activity during the Registered Course(s) or / and in the premise, whether under the direction of English Mastery or otherwise, and generally for any such injury, loss or damage howsoever caused except by the wilful default of English Mastery.
- English Mastery shall not be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, tempest or other event beyond English Mastery's reasonable control.
- English Mastery reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions without prior notice.
- The Terms and Conditions above will take immediate effect upon enrolment