Class Terms & Conditions
The Parent/Guardian and student are deemed to have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions stated on our website upon enrolment and payment of fees. We may vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time on our website and your continued use of our Services will constitute your acceptance of such revised Terms and Conditions.
- Payment of fees must be paid in full by the due date prior to the first lesson, at the start of each cycle. Each cycle is deemed to be 6 consecutive lessons.
- English Mastery may collect the fees for 7-8 lessons if there are 7-8 lessons remaining for the year/before the O Level exam.
- English Mastery does not collect any deposit or miscellaneous fees. Fees are inclusive of materials used in class.
- All payments of fees are strictly non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- English Mastery reserves the right to charge a late fee of $30 if payment is not received by the due date as stated on the payment notice(s).
- English Mastery reserves the right to release the student’s slot if payment is not received by the due date.
- Payment options available are: Bank Transfer and PayNow/PayLah.
- English Mastery shall not be obliged to refund any part of the course fees in the event that the student fails to attend any class in the Registered Course(s) for any reason whatsoever.
- Lessons are conducted as usual through school holidays and most Public Holidays. No weekly classes are conducted in the month of December.
- Please refer to the calendar on this page for more details on class days: https://www.englishmastery.sg/payment-options-calendar
- In the event that the student fails to attend a class in any of our courses, English Mastery may at its sole discretion, allow the student to make-up the missed lesson by attending another ongoing class for the relevant Registered Course with vacancy in the same academic week (i.e. from Wednesday to Sunday), provided that:
• there is a vacancy in the class that the Student intends to attend as the make-up class;
• the Student or Parent/Guardian submits original documents of a medical certificate or letter from the school, which states that the Student has compulsory school activities, the timing of which clashes with the Student’s classes at English Mastery
• the Student has not attended any make-up class for the relevant Registered Course within the last six weeks
- Make-up classes are confirmed 1-2 weeks before the actual date of the make-up class.
- In the event there are no make-up classes available, or if the student is unable to make it for any of the available classes for make-up, the course fees for the relevant Registered Course will not be refunded, pro-rated, or credited towards another lesson, even if the student has valid reason(s) for missing the class. The materials for that week’s lesson will still be available to the student.
- Fees will not be refunded or credited for any lessons missed, regardless of reason.
- Once a make-up lesson has been arranged, your child’s original slot for that week will be released to other students for make-up.
- English Mastery reserves the right to make changes to the classes, including but not limited to rescheduling, consolidating or cancelling any class at any point.
- In the event of a cancelled class, fees paid for the class will be credited to the next unpaid lesson.
- In the event that the class teacher is on leave, a qualified English teacher will take over the lesson.
- English Mastery reserves the right to replace class teachers without prior notice.
- English Mastery reserves the right to make changes to the printing and mailing of marked worksheets.
- English Mastery reserves the right to withhold the delivery of products and services until all outstanding payments have been fully paid.
- At any point throughout your child’s learning experience, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have concerns about your child’s learning progress at English Mastery.
- Students who wish to withdraw from English Mastery are required to inform us within 72 hours of receiving the payment notice and complete an Exit Survey Form.
- Unless stated otherwise, English Mastery owns the intellectual property and / or licensing rights subsisting in all worksheets and other study materials distributed or used during the Registered Course(s), and both the Parent/Guardian and student are prohibited from copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, disclosing, selling, displaying, or transmitting in any form or by any means whatsoever (including mechanical, electronic, recording, photocopying or otherwise) the abovementioned worksheets and other study materials without English Mastery's prior written permission.
- Any unauthorised use, copying, reproduction, modification, distribution, disclosure, sale, display, recording or transmission of English Mastery’s materials (or any part thereof) shall be valid grounds for termination of a student. Fees paid will not be refunded.
- English Mastery may copy, reproduce, display, distribute and use any photographs or videos taken of the Student during the Registered Course(s), as well as any intellectual property produced by the student as part of the Registered Course(s).
- The student hereby agrees to grant to English Mastery a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such works of the student created in the course of or in preparation for Registered Courses(s) (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
- English Mastery may publish the Student’s academic achievements in any form or media at any time, even after the Student has withdrawn from the Course(s).
For the purposes of responding and acting on your queries, as well as the provision of products and Services,
- English Mastery will and is entitled to communicate with and take instructions from the Parent/Guardian and all parties who have signed the Enrolment Form.
- In the event English Mastery deems it is necessary, English Mastery will contact and communicate with any contact person or party whose details or particulars are known to us.
- English Mastery is entitled (but is not otherwise obliged) not to communicate or correspond with any person or party (including a Parent/Guardian) who has not signed the Enrolment Form indicating that they are a contact person or who has not otherwise subsequently been expressly authorised by the Parent/Guardian.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for notifying English Mastery with respect to any change in personal particulars and contact information.
- If a student reaches out to English Mastery directly via WhatsApp, email or any other form of communication, English Mastery is entitled to continue communication with the student.
- By reaching out to us, Parents/Guardians and Students consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their Personal Data for the purpose of responding and acting on your queries, and for sending them updates on our classes or offerings.
Conditions of Continued Enrolment
- The Parents/Guardians agree to fully disclose all information relevant to the Student’s enrolment and continued enrolment in English Mastery. In the event that English Mastery subsequently becomes aware that information considered for enrolment has been withheld, falsified or is inaccurate, English Mastery has the right to suspend or terminate the Student from any or all classes.
- English Mastery reserves the right to, suspend and/or terminate the Student with immediate effect in the event that the Parents/Guardians and/or Student:
• breaches any provisions of the Agreement, or
• English Mastery deems, in its sole discretion, that the Parents/Guardians and/or Student demonstrates behaviour that is detrimental to the welfare or safety of its employees or other Parents/Guardians and students of English Mastery, or
• prejudicial to good order or the reputation of English Mastery, or
• do not pay fees by the due date, or
• use, disclose or disseminate any of English Mastery’s trademarks or copyright material, or
• for any other reason that English Mastery deems fit and proper in its absolute discretion.
- In the event that the Student is terminated from English Mastery, English Mastery will not be under any obligation to return any deposit or fees paid to English Mastery.
Liability, Indemnity and Force Majeure
- While English Mastery will take reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of the student, English Mastery assumes no liability for personal injury, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever which might be sustained by the student in undertaking any activity or anything during the Registered Course(s), whether under the discretion of English Mastery or otherwise, and generally for any such injury, loss or damage howsoever caused except by the wilful default of English Mastery.
- The Parent/Guardian hereby releases English Mastery from all liability for such injury, loss or damage of any other kind whatsoever which might be sustained by the student in undertaking any activity during the Registered Course(s), whether under the direction of English Mastery or otherwise, and generally for any such injury, loss or damage howsoever caused except by the wilful default of English Mastery.
- The Parent/Guardian/Student shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless English Mastery and its employees from and against all loss, claims, demands or causes of action and any liabilities, damages, costs or expenses resulting therefrom (including expenses and legal fees on an indemnity basis) caused by, arising out of or relating to the breach of or non-compliance with any terms of these Terms & Conditions on the part of the Parents/Guardians and/or Student or arising out of any wilful default, misconduct or negligence on the part of the Parents/Guardians and/or Student.
- The Parent/Guardian/Student shall indemnify English Mastery against any loss, cost, claim and expense (including legal costs on any indemnity basis) that English Mastery may suffer or incur in protecting or enforcing any rights of English Mastery under this Terms & Conditions against the Parents/Guardians and/or Student.
- English Mastery shall not be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, tempest or other event beyond English Mastery's reasonable control.
- All students will need to use their real names and turn on the webcams during the lesson for security reasons.
- If a student is found to persistently cause disturbance to the class, this shall be valid grounds for termination of the student. Fees made will not be refunded.
- Any breach in these Terms and Conditions shall be valid grounds for termination of the student. Fees made will not be refunded.
- Queries related to any external materials not within the scope of our course will be handled at the teachers’ discretion and convenience.
- Private negotiation with English Mastery’s staff, teachers, or partners is strictly prohibited.
- The Terms and Conditions will take immediate effect upon enrolment.
- English Mastery reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions without prior notice.